Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Appointment...

Monday was another appointment for Jaiden, but this appointment was just to see how she was reacting to all the medications given and to start getting her off of the predisone (steroid). The doctor acknowledged that she was doing great and happy that the medications were working so quickly. One thing that I was doing wrong-I was not giving Jaiden the full amount of Predisone per day....I thought I was supposed to give her one pill twice a day, but it was two pills twice a day-what an idiot (or so I thought). The doctor was happy that she was having improvement from such a small dosage and somewhat surprised by that :) The only thing that will be an issue is cutting the dosage down from it being so small already, so we were prescribed smaller dosage pills to start giving her.

The only concern I still have at the moment is that Jaiden's rashes are still coming out on her face, arms, and legs. I was told not to worry about it, but I can't help but to think about if this means her fevers are going to start coming back (her rash usually only came from when she had fevers). Again, I was given more paperwork about JRA at the appointment and had the social worker visit me and ask about how I was doing and dealing with everything. I think I am dealing with it has it comes and taking it one day at a time-there's really no other way to go about this disease.

On the 13th is Jaiden's first birthday and I am SO thankful she will be in better health and spirits on her birthday party which is on the 12th. Its going to be a fun-filled day with friends and family sharing that day with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment